Cheatham County has been awarded federal funds made available through the Department of Homeland Security under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board programs.
Cheatham County has been chosen to receive $11,300 through Phase 38 to
supplement emergency food, shelter, and financial assistance programs in
A local board comprised of representatives from health and human service
organizations and local government will allocate and distribute funds to
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local agencies chosen
to receive funds must:
• be private voluntary non-profits or units of government,
• be eligible to receive Federal funds,
• have an accounting system,
• practice non-discrimination,
• have demonstrated the capability to deliver programs, and
• if they are a private voluntary organization, have a voluntary board.
Qualifying agencies are urged to apply. Tracking of assistance provided and
reporting are required. A free web-based platform, Charity Tracker, is available through United
Way of Greater Nashville. Public or private voluntary agencies interested in applying for EFSP funds
must contact the local administrator BY EMAIL for assistance accessing the application:
Asailio “Ace” Timmermeier
United Way of Greater Nashville
The deadline for applications to be received is January 15, 2021 at 4:00pm Central Time.
Applications must be submitted by email to: