On Monday, August 21, 2023, the Cheatham County School District announced new rules to help increase security at sporting events. The following applies to all spectators and is effective immediately:
• One clear tote bag per person will be permitted. Diaper bags will be permitted upon entry with an infant and/or toddler. All bags are subject to be searched by school employees or law enforcement.
• Outside food and drinks in open containers are prohibited.
• Children who are middle school age or younger must be accompanied by an adult for entry into an athletic event.
• The no re-entry policy, which has already been in place, will continue to be enforced.
• The use of cigarettes, vapes and any other nicotine product and/or drug is prohibited on our campuses, which includes athletic stands and fields.
• Only service animals are allowed on our school campuses. This means no dogs or other pets are permitted at any school event, which includes indoor and outdoor sports, unless it is a service animal.
• All sports gates are accepting cash this year in addition to GoFan.
In collaboration with the Cheatham County Sheriff's Office, there may be additional officers providing security at athletic events and ticket sales may be limited or restricted based upon capacity or security availability.
Exceptions to the bag policy will include students participating in the event (athletes, cheerleaders, band performers, etc.), officials/referees, and bags necessary for approved medical equipment.
Those who violate the above policies or the Spectator Code of Conduct will not be admitted in the event and could be removed and/or banned from attending future events.
"These new policies, along with existing ones, are just another step in keeping our community, families, and visiting fans safe," the district stated. "We want everyone to feel safe at our events and parents to know we care about safety within our stadiums and gyms."