The Cheatham County Chamber of Commerce is looking to add a new member to their team. They are now accepting resumes for the position of executive director.
The Executive Director has the overall responsibility for the complete operation of the Chamber as it involves program, planning and operations, working under policy guidelines of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee and acting in accordance with the policies, procedures, and bylaws of the Chamber.
"We see big potential in every moment, and care deeply about what we do every day," the Chamber says. "Our passion and desire to bring businesses together is what keeps us going. We love to see Cheatham County grow and business succeed. We are looking to add a new member to our team."
In collaboration with staff and volunteers of the organization, the Executive Director will:
• represent the chamber with a comprehensive understanding of the mission and benefits of membership.
• provides leadership in the organization, planning and implementing strong business advocacy on those social and economic issues affecting the business community. Works with state, federal, city, and county legislators to communicate and lobby for the needs of the community and chamber members.
• manage all aspects of the organization including operations, budget, membership services, communication, fundraising, grant acquisition, and events.
• develop and maintain a collaborative working relationship between the Cheatham County Chamber of Commerce, the membership, key business, government officials, public policy organizations, regional chambers, and other regional organizations to foster a nurturing and prosperous business environment for Cheatham County.
• oversee tourism marketing and promotion to ensure it meets the annual program of work.
• manage, raise funds, and implement programs for the Cheatham County Chamber Foundation, a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization.
• achieve strategic objectives through effective planning, setting membership goals, analyzing event and program performance, and projecting future growth.
• 2+ years of previous sales and business management experience strongly preferred.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with a variety of individuals with diverse backgrounds, education, economic levels, and roles within an organization. Demonstrate strong presentation skills; can facilitate both large and small group presentations.
• Professional phone skills are required. Must be professional during in-person meetings and email communications.
• Working knowledge with Zoom, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher), Adobe, and CRM software programs is a preferred.
• Demonstrate effective conflict management skills, problem-solving skills; able to think logically and analytically. Proactive in anticipating and alerting others to problems with projects or processes.
• Must perform work that is highly detailed and work well under pressure/deadlines. Must be able to manage multiple events simultaneously. Require ability to prioritize, organize tasks and time, and follow up.
• Work well with volunteers and other professionals.
• Must be able to pass background check.
Physical demands and working conditions:
• The work environment involves everyday physical demands such as sitting, bending, standing, walking, and light lifting. Normal safety precautions are typical of an office environment such as avoiding trips and falls, operating office equipment, and observing all fire and safety precautions. Must be able to lift 50lb regularly.
• Employee must have reliable automobile, a valid driver's license, excellent driving record, and adequate automobile insurance.
• Travel to event locations; carry supplies and equipment as needed for events. Ability to be available for day, evening, and weekend events.
• Work is often conducted before, during, and after traditional business hours.
Contact Information and Procedure:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (email preferred) to: Cheatham County Chamber of Commerce 328 Frey Street Ashland City, TN 37015 615.792.6722 email@example.com. Or, upload at
The Cheatham County Chamber of Commerce is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization and is an equal opportunity employer