The Cheatham County School District, in an effort to take all precautions to protect students, staff and community from the coronavirus (COVID-19), will remain closed through Friday, April 24.
The current plan is for students return to school on Monday, April 27.
Before any decision is made to resume our regular schedule, the district will seek recommendations and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Health Department officials.
Here’s some important information families need to know:
• Daycares will be closed through Friday, April 24.
• Teachers will continue to be in contact with all families/students regarding alternative learning options during the closure. Please direct all academic questions to your child’s teacher(s) and/or principal(s).
• Teachers will continue to be available by phone, email and/or classroom apps Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to noon to answer any academic-related questions for students/families (EXCEPT the week of March 30-April 3, which is our scheduled spring break).
• All school buildings will be closed to the public and all athletics/activities (including practices) and before- and after-school programs and events will be canceled or postponed. No decisions have been made at this point regarding the high school graduation ceremonies.
• The district will offer free student meals during the closure beginning April 6. Breakfasts and lunches will be distributed via a “drive-through” system at one school in each cluster: Ashland City Elementary School, East Cheatham Elementary School and Pegram Elementary Fine Arts Magnet School. Additional details will be shared in another social media post.
• Plans for our Pre-K and kindergarten registrations for the 2020-2021 school year will be shared in another social media post.
If you have any questions regarding our closure and not sure who to contact, please send us an email at email@example.com and we will connect you with the right individual.