The Cheatham County School District, in an effort to take all precautions to protect our students, staff and community from the coronavirus (COVID-19), will close schools March 16-27.
In addition to the already planned spring break from March 30-April 3 will result in a three-week closure.
Here’s some important information our families need to know:
• Teachers will be in contact with all families/students regarding alternative learning options during the closure. Please direct all academic questions to your child’s teacher(s).
• Teachers will be available by phone, email and/or classroom apps Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to noon (March 16-27) to review classwork or answer any academic-related questions for students/families.
• No one (staff or public) will be allowed in the buildings after today (March 13) until we return back from spring break. No public events will be held in the schools during this time period.
• All CCSD facilities will be closed through spring break to all outside organizations or groups. As a reminder, the baseball and softball fields at the elementary schools are not CCSD facilities.
• No sports (games and practices) will be played until after spring break. However, sports games and extra-curricular activities can be held today (March 13).
• Daycares will be closed through spring break.
• Food pantries will be held on March 18, March 25 and April 1 from 8-11 a.m. at three locations: Riverside Academy, 104 Elizabeth St. in Ashland City; The Ark, 710 Highway 70 in Pegram; and 24 Church, 1502 Substation Rd. in Pleasant View. The food pantries will be held until all the food is gone.
Detailed information regarding the closure has been sent to principals and staff, and they will be in contact with families regarding individual situations.
We will continue to take all necessary precautions to ensure the safety our students and staff. Before any decision is made to resume our regular schedule, we will seek recommendations and guidance from health professionals.