The Cheatham County School District will start registering students in its Pre-K program for the 2019-2020 school year in April.
Children who turn 4-years-old on or before Aug. 15, 2019, are eligible to apply for Pre-K.
Starting April 8, parents can pick up a registration packet at any of the elementary schools or the Cheatham County Board of Education, 102 Elizabeth St. in Ashland City, between 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The packets must be returned to the Cheatham County Board of Education.
The Pre-K Carnival will be held on Saturday, April 6 from 8-11 a.m. at Cheatham Middle School, 700 Scoutview Drive in Ashland City (multi-purpose room in the back of the school).
Parents must bring the following documents when registering for Pre-K:
• Proof of income (paycheck stubs, 2018 tax documents, public assistance verification)
• Proof a child’s age (birth certificate, passport, tax return, medical record)
• Immunization record (up-to-date on official state of Tennessee form)
• Proof of a physical exam (up-to-date on official state of Tennessee form)
• Custody/guardianship papers signed by a judge (only if child is not living with both biological parents)
• Three proofs of residence (utility bills, driver’s license, rent/mortgage agreement, auto registration, bank statement).
Pre-K programs are available at Ashland City Elementary, East Cheatham Elementary, Pegram Elementary and West Cheatham Elementary.
The Pre-K schedule goes from 7:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. each school day with parents providing transportation. Affordable daycare is also available at all Pre-K sites for working parents.
For more information, call Gena Batts at 615-746-1414 or Emily Staggs at 615-746-1433.